He wears a stereotypical old styled "Donald Duck" sailor outfit, and a strange perma-smile face that resembles more of a real person than a typical cartoon character.
He and Peppermint Larry went head-to-head in The Stormalong Pun-Off, in which Punsy showed a dark side when Flapjack got the audience to laugh at him. He ruthlessly embarrassed Larry to the point of tears and made color rhymes to disorient Flapjack, before throwing a sandwich at him.
However, he was defeated by Flapjack and K'nuckles' unintentional slapstick act, which the people of Stormalong thought was funnier than his puns. After his dismissal, he soon became friends with his rival, Peppermint Larry, the two united by the same fate.
- His name (and also appearance) are likely modeled after Patrick McHale, one of workers of the show.
- As mentioned earlier, he is always smiling derisively, even when he's sad or angry. It could refer to his profession as an insult pun comedian and sort of antagonist.
- He is hypocritical in that while he loves insulting people with jokes, he becomes angry when someone makes jokes about him.
- In the end of "Pun Times with Punsie McKale", he and Larry becomes friends and Punsie reformed from his evil ways.
- Punsie McKale (Along with the disturbing cat) has made it onto Top15's list of scary moments in kids shows.